Despite, sustainability being increasingly vital for business’ social and environmental impact, reputation and employee engagement, just two UK companies featured in Corporate Knights’ 2017 Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World index. Sustainable business has historically been the domain of big business but, we’re seeing a new breed of start-ups and early stage businesses, looking to create brands with purpose and positive change. With some of these located right here in the Thames Valley, how can we build on and support this new eco-system? And how can progressive established businesses play a part in this?
Together with Grant Thornton, GROW@GreenPark is hosting an event to educate, inspire and connect on sustainability issues, from connectivity and supply chain through to responsible investment, leadership and workplace challenges.
We’ve invited a panel of inspirational entrepreneurs to share their own journeys in building sustainable and ethical businesses, from start-up through to global organisations:
- Paul Lindley, Founder, Ella’s Kitchen
- Yasmina Siadatan, Business Consultant and Champion, Blocparc
- Eleanor Bowden, CEO, Community Sponsors Homes, previously Unliever
- Andy Dewis – VP International Solutions, Energy & Sustainability, Schneider Electric & Founder of Pineapple
We’ll be discussing
- The state of sustainability in the Thames Valley today
- Building sustainability into your business and brand - at any stage
- A blueprint for successful sustainability
- How to create a sustainably driven eco-system in the Thames Valley
Whether you’re starting up, building a business with purpose or looking to improve your performance in sustainability, we’d love you to join us what is set to be an inspirational discussion.
Start time 8.15 but coffee from Tamp Culture and pastries from Nomad Bakery will be waiting for you from 7.45.